Product and Mould Challenges
- Mould quality at par with European standards of performance and cycle time.
- Large number of critical dimensional requirements with extremely low tolerance levels.
- Low general wall thickness - 1.6mm.
- Fast cycle time despite multiple and complex mechanisms on both halves.
- TAT of 110 days to T1.
DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION
- With CAE analysis on Mould flow, introduction of conformal cooling through 3D Printed inserts, shorter cycle time was achieved.
- Mould design based on mechanically operated sliders and lifters in place of hydraulics, in order to further optimize cycle time and established at 28secs.
- Ease of mould maintenance due to front mounted design schemes for various inserts.